Sunday, December 07, 2003

Viva La Government

It's really infuriating to see how our government works. Efficiency and productiveness must be the last things on their minds. The question of any semblence of order never even arises.

I became eligible to vote two years back. I didn't care much. However, my mom wanted to get my voter's card made. Fine by me. She needed to get her card changed, and we could get two new ones made, one for me, and one for my brother. It wasn't much of a problem getting the form. The cleck at the centre in Andheri was actually helpful. I remember commenting something to the effect of "I'm shocked!", to my mom on the way out. Well, i didn't know the meaning of shocked.

We had to come back to this school near our house to submit the form. So we go in, pretty happy, as there was no crowd, and our fear of having anything to do with the government slowly evaporating. And then we find out that our building's name wasn't there on the voter's list.

Let me run that by you again. Our. Building's. Name. Wasn't. There. On. The. Voter's. List.

We cease to exist officially. This sucks!! This was so fucking infuriating!! They wanted us to go back to the head office and get things sorted out there. Screw this!! I mean, fuck, four years later, when the next elections come around, i probably wont even be around the country anymore. I'm not gonna waste my time and energy running around to sort out this bureaucratic mess. Especially when there isn't one single party or candidate even worth voting for.

Viva la fucked up government!!

No comments:

Post a Comment