Wednesday, January 07, 2004

New Year's Meal..

I cooked my first meal of the new year today. Wait, i made that masala rice yesterday. Hmm, but that as with my mom lording over me, so it doesn't count. So yes, today i cooked my first meal of the new year - mixed sabji for the afternoon. Actually, it was meant for the night too, but with the people dropping in today, it didnt last.

Without much ado, here's the recipe -

potatoes - 5
onions - 3
carrots - 3
beans - about 30
a few garlic pods.
And spices as per your liking.

Peel all the vegetables, chop them up into cubes/pieces/however-you-like-it. Put them all into a big cooking vessel. Pour about six spoons of oil. Heat. Stir. Add spices. Add salt. Keep stirring. Add a few more spoons of oil. Stir some more. Cover it and let it cook. Smell it. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment